Chicken With Tarragon Cream - With Raye's Old World Gourmet
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbs. Raye's Old World Gourmet Mustard
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup dry, seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, can use cube or powder
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Place chicken breasts between plastic wrap and lightly pound to even out thickness.
- On a small late, stir with fork the egg & Old World Gourmet mustard until blended. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs, patting to make them adhere.
- Heat 2 Tbs. olive oil in skillet and sauté chicken breasts 5 minutes or until browned, then turn and cook 5 minutes more until pink goes out of meat. Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add 1/2 cup wine to deglaze pan on medium high heat for 4 minutes, while scraping brown bits from pan. Add 1 tsp. tarragon, 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/3 cup heavy cream. Cover over medium-high heat, stirring 8 minutes or until half reduced. Stir in 1 Tbs. Fall Harvest (coarse-grained) mustard and remove from heat. Serve over chicken.
Thanks to Richard (Dick) Zieg, Bed & Breakfast Owner for the submission!