South Western Mustard Soup - With Raye's Brown Ginger Mustard
Try this easy soup in your crock pot. It's good for you, too!
- 2 sweet red peppers, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped (or 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 1/2 C water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 T sugar
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans, including juice
- 1 - 11 oz. can whole kernel corn, including juice
- 14 oz. jar Raye’s Brown Ginger Mustard (link will open in a new window)
Cook all ingredients in your crock pot until fresh veggies are done. (Time will vary with individual appliances.) Garnish with crushed tortilla, grated cheddar cheese, and/or sour cream. Easy, pretty, tasty, and “good for you,” too!
Thanks to Paula Zenker, Minnesota for the submission!